I am a Disneyland veteran. My mom and dad would take Seth and I at least once a year growing up. That may seem like a minuscule amount compared to SoCal residents and annual pass holders, but for someone who grew up twelve hours away by car, it was a lot of trips. My mom has roots in Los Angeles. She was born there and a good bunch of family still lives there. She grew up with Mickey Mouse too. Our trips to California were never just sprinkled with Disney. They were full-blown Disney Trips. Blindfold me, spin me around, and drop me off in any corner of either Disneyland or California Adventure and I can tell you exactly where I am by the sounds and scents. Okay, please don’t actually do that, but you get my point. I could go on and on about our Disneyland routine-and I will-but I hope to do so in a later post.
This particular entry is on uncharted territory. This girl is finally heading east! Disney World, here I come.
We are months away from the trip but have already made our hotel, flight and ground transportation arrangements. We also have our park tickets. I think my brain is at capacity with the Disney World planning tips I have read up on. I am currently working on where to make dining reservations and what rides to book for our FastPass+ experiences.
I hope to go over what I am glad we planned for, what we should have planned for (hopefully not a whole lot) and what we could have done without in a post when we get home. Wish us luck! For now, I am just going to jot down a few of the things I am most excited for:
- I cannot wait to try the gray stuff at Be Our Guest Restaurant (I hear it’s delicious! 😉). Speaking of, myself and a few friends already have our tickets to see the live action Beauty and the Beast on premiere day. Let me tell you, I already have very strong opinions as far as casting but I just know it’s going to be a gorgeous movie.
- Dinner at Cinderella’s Castle during the fireworks if we’re lucky enough to get a spot.
- The World Showcase in Epcot. There is a scene in the cabin episode of This Is Us where Sloane talks about the way she loves the “inauthenticity” of the little countries in Epcot. All the good food, none of the crime. Hopefully I’ll leave with the same sentiments.
- The adult beverages. Since turning 21, I have learned a good trick to getting away from the screaming children that are certain to be in a Disney park is to find the spots where they serve alcohol. We know Disney doesn’t disappoint when it comes to food. I assure you the same goes for the drinks!
- I have wanted to see the Grand Floridian since the Tanners stayed there on Full House. Have mercy!
- The Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Tower of Terror and Frozen Ever After are at the top of my list of rides to go on. There
iswas a Tower of Terror in Anaheim and it iswas my favorite ride. It closed at the beginning of this year and is being turned into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride as I type 😔. The one in Disney World remains a Hollywood Tower Hotel and has a little more storybook ride to it 🙌🏻.
- Getting our MagicBands in the mail. These will be our FastPasses, our keys to our room and we can even use them to pay for things in the parks. I have never used them before so I am interested to see how well the whole system works.
- Being on vacation with my bun. This goes for any destination but there is just nothing like getting away from work and other obligations for a few days.
- Choosing what to wear. Hey, don’t make fun. Boys have it easy. Josh puts on pair of shorts, his Chacos or tennis shoes, a t-shirt and is ready to go. I, however, am always stumped when it comes time to pack. I don’t want to dress too casually because I am going to be in pictures and I don’t want to look like a slob kabob. On the other hand I can’t be walking around with a dress, full face of makeup and styled hair for twelve hours a day. Splash Mountain will take care of that real quick 💦. A happy medium is to dress as if it’s for a Saturday spent running errands. Nothing too fancy but also functional and appropriate to be out and about in public. I’m also going to try to incorporate some athleisure into this trip. I have my eye on these. We’ll see if Josh will have it. I have started to look outside of the parks for mouse ears to wear. Something like these are precious and I hope to add a pair (or three) to my collection.
- Putting to rest the Disneyland v. Disney World debate. I am partial to Disneyland and have a feeling that it will stay that way even after the Disney World trip. Too many good memories to compete. I do hope World will give Land a good run for its money.
Lots of love,